Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

aftermarket power window motors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, Mar 12, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

not sure about that vendor.. but have bought from these guys.. 1A-Auto and was happy with what i got (window motor).. and now a headlight lens for mamma's van..
    but have seen 'em a buck or 2 cheaper.
    Was surprised when my local auto parts store had 'em for about the same $$ when I needed a 2nd one for the back door too on the sub!

3. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I haven't had any problems with the ones I got from my local Autozone. They were less than $50

4. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Good price if they are any good. I paid that much for just one motor from LMC. But, the LMC works fine and is a little faster than the stock GM motor. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket products, they always seem to fall shy of factory parts.

Eric M.

5. 1989k5

1989k5 Registered Member

I purchased aftermarket for both doors from napa, both around $45 with a core. Work fine. The only trouble you may have is getting into the door to replace them. There is a site that could walk you through the process, I think it is 73-87.com. The long and short is you have to remove the whole regulator and window from the door to get to it. Not really a fun job. But if necessary take a look at that website.