Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket Ranger Overdrive for SM465 or SM420

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by kennyw, Dec 14, 2006.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

deleted

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

got any information on it, overdrive gearing? Is it an over/under drive? or just an overdrive? also shipping to either 77802 or to the Houston Forward Air terminal. Also does it bolt between the transmission and transfer case? or just on the back of a 2wd transmission? also do you already have a th400? I have a low mileage th400/np208 that I will be taking out of my m1008 pretty soon. Let me know.

Regards,
    Remington

3. kennyw

It bolts between the bellhousing and the transmission. It is about 7" long and has a 27% overdrive. I'll ship it to you for $50 to your door via fedex ground. I have a TH400/NP203 available to me locally from a friend that I am looking at picking up. Then down the road all I would need to do is bolt on a doubler using the NP205 I already have.

02A003RR.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  4. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

They were most common in the 27% overdrive flavor. The same as an NV4500 if I'm correct. It's been forver ago but a buddy of mine put one in his Blazer.

It moves your tranny and T-case back 7 & 1/2 inches so you have some mods to do. In the least redrilling the frame for the crossmember's new location as well as cutting the floor for the new placement of the original shifters and cutting/placement of the second overdive stick. Would have to fab a new torque rod; too much distance between the t-case and bellhousing. My buddy cracked 2 205 adapters before he finally made one.

He had to have both driveshafts completely rebuilt (rear shortened and front lengthened). He had a ton of probs with vibration because he had a 6 inch lift with a 205. The rear shaft was real short and needed real steep angle driveshaft. Was also a real noisy bugger; although it did make a neat conversation piece...

They're still available new but now have better design and are alot lighter because of being made of Aluminum.

kennyw - If no one wants it, keep me in mind. I don't want to lowball ya so if you decide to let it go for a tad better price, gimme shout. I have my blazer's complete drivetrain out and would be a decent time try putting one in and fooling with it to try to make it work better in a K5.....

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I learn something new everyday.
    I thought I had a brownie box, turns out I have the newer aluminum ranger gear splitter.
    Mine is 6" thick and aluminum, same system goes between the bell and tranny.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

got a friend that might be interested. ill see what he says

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I hope you replied to Kenny.
    Mine is not for sale yet :D
    And I don't jump into anyone's thread like that.
    :wink1:
    That is a good price for that one though Kenny.

8. kennyw

No problem guys... right now I'm not pressed to sell it and if it didn't sell I'm sure I'll have another project I could use it on in a couple weeks :haha:
    Main reason I liked this one was the gear splitting any gear compared to the NV4500 which would only give an OD.

But I'm always wheeling and dealing on stuff and I'm not offended by offers. Worst I could say is yes and you find out you now have to actually pay for it ;) :haha:

9. kennyw

I've decided not to sell this right now... deal fell thru on the TH400 I was going to buy to get my K30 on the road quicker. Now my girlfriend got a great deal on a newer CTD towrig so I'm going to take my time and build it the way I wanted to start with using the SM465/Ranger OD.

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

:doah: if you decide to sell it let me know. i may know someone who wants it

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Which th400 do you need?
    output shaft 3" long or 4.5" long?
    I have the latter, you can have it for $100 plus shipping.
    :D

12. kennyw

I don't need a TH400, I was just going to settle for one to get the truck up and roadworthy faster... but had a '99 Dodge CTD with 160K fall into our lap for $8K :D So now I'm going to finish my plans to put the OD and SM465 into my K30.

13. kennyw

14. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

I know this thread is old, but how did the splitter work for you? I'm looking at putting one in my Burb next year, but need some user reviews before I spend the money.

15. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

Disregard, I found a better thread with some feedback on previous installs.