Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket replacement floor drain plugs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1989k5, Oct 22, 2003.

1. 1989k5

1989k5 Registered Member

I'm nearing the end of my restoration of a 1989 k5, all my floors are replaced and have rectangular drain holes precut into them. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes these drain plugs. The company I purchased the pans from don't nor does the dealer (GM). Any suggestions or ideas for fabricating some. thanks.

2. 1989k5

1989k5 Registered Member

I've thought of taking a piece of cut sheet metal to patch over them and permatexing into place. I've noticed all the floor aftermarket floor pan manufacturers and suppliers have the same cut outs in the floor. What would be nice is to have a hardened rubber insert or plastic that is retrofit.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

What I did with mine was put a few layers of fiberglass and POR15 over them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

mine are wide open lol..i pulled them out after i got my truck swamped with water and pulled the carpet out..never puttem back in! it probobly leaks a bit of air in but not enough for me to notice..and i figure if it ever happens again the water will be on its way out as fast as it came in

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not aftermarket, but my GM floorpans (as I'm sure everyone elses) have plugs in the drain holes as well. If GM was going to plug them, why are they there in the first place? I left mine out when I pulled them. I can't imagine in a truck as noisey on the inside as mine, that it would EVER be noticed.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dunno my pickup has no carpet or nothing and it just dont seem loud to me