Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket Seat Belt Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Todd78/87, May 16, 2000.

1. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

For all of you who have purchased aftermarket seat belts for your K5's, I've look at JCWhitney, Sales Co. and one other I think. Anyway,, the female side that is between the seat and the console that bolts to the floor, has a twisted angle in it so it sits right. All the pics I've seen on the aftermarket sites show it straight like it would bolt to the seat frame. Did you get the right ones, mod it, or bolt it to the seat somehow?

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

2. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question. In fact, I'm looking to replace mine and it's a da** good question. I checked w/ my dealer and all they have is black.

Here's another source though http://www.andoauto.com/

Good Luck,
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

3. Nomorerust

Nomorerust Registered Member

Purchased a pair through andoauto.com.They come with an "L" bracket which allows you to locate the reciever on the correct angle between the seat and console.$65/00 a side for the 3 point retractable.They bolt right up.You will need to plug the existing hole where the old retractable release pin goes through to the door.Very pleased with them.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Got mine from Salesco.com.........besides it took them over 2 months to get the correct female end for me, they are great. I mounted them to the floor in the original hole, then bent the plastic frame to fit. They look great, no "gepetto the cobbler" look, fit up to a perfect location (as far as height) for my Flofit seats. HOWEVER, if these were used on the stock seats, the female receptacle would be about 2 inches below the seat top plane. (Hope I explained that OK). Maybe Salesco has longer female ends, not sure, these worked fine for me, 12" by the way.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I ordered the ones from andoauto. Do you have to manually give the belt a tug in order for them to retract sense they don't have the retract release pin?

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

the chevy dealer has the plastic sleeves their for the vans and trucks with bucketseats