Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steedalx, Jan 12, 2004.

1. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

web page

Does anyone know anything about these seats? Not a bad deal until you read $100 plus for shipping. Anyone know a good place for some aftermarket front bucket seats?
    Thanks

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dunno about those, but if u want aftermarket buckets, these are good ones...

corbeau baja ss

lots of choices for colors. you can get all vinyl or ones where the center part is some sorta cloth stuff. I went with the all black vinyl. They are the coziest chair of any type that I have ever sat in... all the right support in all the right places. For 4x4 use I especially like the lateral support they provide, if you have a belt or harnes on you aint gonna move at all, which is a good thing. If you have a big butt, go with the baja ss ultra, which is the same thing just wider in the kiester. At any rate, that www site doesnt charge much for shipping either..

j

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wish I knew where to get a bench seat for less than $700. I'd be glad to spend good money for a decent bench seat, hell, I might even spend the $700 if I find the right one, but it seems that there's no way to buy it without seeing such a thing, and there's so many to choose from.

4. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

http://www.salesco.com/fullseats.htm

They're the only people I've found that offer decent new bench seats but they're a bit pricey. Somewhere here there is a post with a link with better seats but I can't find it.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    web page

Does anyone know anything about these seats? Not a bad deal until you read $100 plus for shipping. Anyone know a good place for some aftermarket front bucket seats?
    Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

www.seatsource.com - many choices...........

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Choices is the problem. How do you know what your ass will like until you plant it on them?

7. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

Check these out. Ebay-Seats

I am no poor for most of those seats. I can't spend over $200 for a pair of buckets. Guess I can't expect too much huh.

8. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am no poor

[/ QUOTE ]

I am to poor

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Summit lists drag race seats for $60 with cover, I'm going to get one of those for my rig. Looks like the samething as the Baja SS except its made of plastic.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Check these out. Ebay-Seats

I am no poor for most of those seats. I can't spend over $200 for a pair of buckets. Guess I can't expect too much huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't buy anything that said APC on it. In fact, I wouldn't take that trash if it was free.

11. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

I bought htese on Ebay around 6 months ago, they are GREAT! very comfortable. APC Super sport race bucket seats. I also have 5 point seatbelts for them. I paid $305 with shipping.
    I still have not put them in yet though /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I need to get someone to make me some brakets. <---job opputunity anyone!! [​IMG]