Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket Tranny cooler and pan and some other Questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, Nov 7, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

My mom and dad have a '07 Tahoe with the 5.3 to tow our new camper. My dad bought a tranny cooler to put on it.

My question is, are there aftermarket deepsump tranny pans out yet? We are looking for a deep sump pan with fins on it to hold more fluid and to help keep it cool. I've seen these for other trannys but I havent seen one for the 07 tahoe.

What tranny is in the '07 Tahoe?

The tahoe has a tranny temp guage. What temp is normal for crusing and what temp is normal or safe while towing.

The camper is within the tahoes recommended weight capacity and is towed with a weight distrubiting hitch.

Thanks for the help

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

i would think the temps and stuff would be in the owners manual. And i think its a 4l65e...but i could be wrong on that.

3. scooter122983

scooter122983 1/2 ton status

just did some research and the 4l65e is a front wheel drive tranny, based of the 4l60e. Your parents Tahoe has a 4l60e which should have the same tranny pan as a 700r4. Dont quote me on the pan, but the truck has a 4l60e.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help so far y'all. So I am correct in saying that the tranny is the same as the older tahoes?

My dad told me that tranny temp gets to about 216 when towing the camper. I think with an after adding the cooler, a deep pan, and synthetic fluid we should be ok.

Anything else we can do?