Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket wire harness

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by painterbccc, Feb 22, 2006.

1. painterbccc

painterbccc Registered Member

Has anyone ever used a aftermarket wire harness for T.B.I. motor? Friend of mine bought a GMC ( Isuzu) 1-ton box van with bad motor.Wore out turbo Diesel. We have a 25,000 mile motor out of his old van 350 T.B.I. Thanks to his brother and a case of miller and a tree. I kept computer for motor. So if I get a wire harness from someone (painless) I guess This thing should run.:confused: I seen one in a book and they did put this type motor in them. So if anyone has used one of these let me know if there is any suprises that I can expect.

2. 468k5

468k5 1/2 ton status

Do you have the harness from the van? If you do, or you can get it just use that one. Not to hard to strip it down for what you need.

3. painterbccc

painterbccc Registered Member

This thing was hit so hard that it cut the wires all to pieces. That was our original idea. Left front tire was under driver seat. That is where the wires are run on the wrecked van. Wires come up under driver seat and hook to computer. If rubber on motor mounts had not broke it would have junked the motor. Motor was shoved back about a foot. After about 4 hours of trying to get the motor out. Got out the torch. Finished off wires that were left.