Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aggie Dieseler 495Ibs.6.2

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 11, 2001.

I am new to off road. Could you give me the details on how you got 495lbs out of a 6.2. I would like to do an diesel build up like yours. I have the same heavy duty 6.2 that you have. I just need to know where to start. Thanks for your time.
  1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    You should send him a personal email, it may take a while for him to see it here.

If you do see this, you should put the details up on a site somewhere so it's available as a source.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
  2. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Jan 25, 2001
    Finally, I'm back from spring break and saw, along with this message, about 5 million other mails. In response to M1009's question about big mean torque numbers, it's easy. Just spend about two years and a large bit of every month's paycheck and you'll get whatever it is that you are looking for. In general, take a good 6.2L block and heads, B&B, go .030 over, 19:1 compression, gear drive, Gale Banks turbo and exhaust, and prepare the transmission accordingly.

Realistically, while my flywheel torque was very high, the engine blew chuncks of black smoke at the lower RPMs. It turns out that the output metering on the HiPo DB-2 injection pump was turned way too far. I readjusted the pump settings to allow for spotted black smoke at 2700 RPM, and with that have about 450-460lbs ft. This is non-intercooled right now, but when I do the upgrade I'll let y'all know.

As for a website, I have neither the time nor the knowledge to make one. Solitaire can get a little intimidating sometimes. Thanks for your interest, and feel free to emial me at
    Dieselboy@neo.tamu.edu if you have any other questions.

'85 diesel burban