Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

agr powersteering pump

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by crazy427, Sep 17, 2003.

1. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifI am looking for a new or used agr power steering pump or any other brand pump that is high pressure.
    Thanks Joe /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Just go buy a rebuilt stock one from your local parts store. Then modify the inside so that its now a high output. I did this on my K5 and now have Cadillac steering with 14.50" wide tires on pavement at a dead stop.

The writeup on how to modify the pump is available HERE thanks to Matt at West Texas Offroad.

3. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif THANKS A MILLION!!!!!! That is exactly the information i was looking for, but couldnt find.You Just saved me i nice buck.Ill let you know how thing work out.
    Thanks again Joe

4. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifWell it definatly works good, Maybe a little to good .I followed the directions to the T. and my steering was crazy good for like 5 min. Then there was this LOUD BANG and now i have nothing lol. I guess it was 2 much for the pump housing.They said in the directions to take it slow , upgrade little by little till you get the results you want . But i went for the whole deal /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. No biggy, ill send the pump back to the parts store tommorow and tell them it didnt work. and when i get the new 1 ill tune it down a bit.We'll see what i come up with

5. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifOH YEAH... I Have some awsome steering now. I got the new pump and did all the mods that were listed just not to the max.And it all worked out without any casualties--this time- .As for the other new pump, i split the pump housing right up the middle and around the out side. I have a pic of it with all my posted pics you guys can check out what not to do....lol

6. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

wow cool that it worked out for you. Couldn't find the pics anywhere. It should be interesting to see your input on some of the more heated tranny debates. Whats size tires you turning, i might do this mod myself before i get the rest of the truck back together.

7. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

The pic is on my members photos page, I am running 35x12.5s mickey thompsonbaja claws now, but i am goin to be upgrading to 37x13.5 baja claws soon. Now if you do this mod be careful when you modify the liitle pressure valve inside . That is where i went over board.Other than that it was simple.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Is that at Paragon? And any more info on your Chevelle?

9. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Yup thats at paragon , we went last weekend. And as for the chevelle- It is a 1970-427ci talldeck engine, weiand supercharger, 700r4 autotrans with 3200 stall and full manual valvebody, 4-56 gear with powertrax locker and way to much else to list.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ok I think I have to visit you someday, haha. Too many beautiful toys in the family. I'll probably see you at Paragon when my K5 is done, I plan to be there often.

11. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifCool, Im not sure when we are goin to be goin back probably in a month or 2 .