Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AGR pump on hydro ram setup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89Burben, Apr 18, 2007.

1. 89Burben

89Burben Registered Member

about 4 months ago the power steering pump on my truck crapped out. I figured to try the agr "super pump" from summit.

Question is that will this pump work with the hydro ram setup i am installing? Will it have enough pressure and volume? Anyone ever try it?

I kno most people do what west texas offroad does to the stock pump by drilling some holes and stretching a spring to 2 inches. (ive read the article)

But i figured id see if this AGR pump is any good, rather than screwing around with an older pump i have.

Here is the descrption on the pump:
    if noone knows then i guess i will take the agr pump apart to see if the holes are larger than stock to improve volume, and see what the spring is like....

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Run as fast as you can from AGR. They are total trash now. Back in the day the where a good product. Look into PSC motorsports for there steering components. As for if it is any better than a stock pump I have no experience.

3. 89Burben

89Burben Registered Member

yeah i kno........but i already have the pump.

i called them and it is the same pump they run on their rock ram kit so it should be good enough

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Oh ok, thought you didn't get the pump yet. Well good luck with it.