Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AGR Rock Ram Assist

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazr77400, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

I have had that Rockram assist since Febuary. I have liked it. Had the usual "AGR" problems. Pump went bad after 1 1/2 months. Called them, they said they would send one right away. Took 5 Phone calls over the next month to send me one. I Re installed the pump. Well, It just didnt feel like It did when I first put the setup in. It had enough power, but was extremely slow. I talked to a couple of people and they said it sounded like I needed more Volume. So I called AGR and asked if they send bigger pumps for the Rock Ram assist. They said yes. I then asked if they could look up and see which one they sent me. They sent me the wrong one. I must have talked to the right guy this time. He sent me the right one within a week. I put the new one on, and I feel, It works great.
    But it seems like alot of people say that they like the 1 finger steering. Mine feels more Firm. Takes one hand to turn. But takes the same amount of force to turn the wheel no matter what the situation.
    My question is, Is this how everybody elses feels like or is mine Not set up right.

4 wheeling is like sex, when its good, its really, really good, when its bad its still pretty good.

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yes, Mine is exactly like you described. I have the SuperBox 1. My run with AGR (to get everything right) was much worse than yours though [​IMG]. Took about 5 or 6 months to correct everything.
    Boss

Pic of my truck Before N' After
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter</a>

3. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Like Boss said, Yes it is normal. You should be able to use the palm of your hand but it will always be like that. Even up against a wall.