Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ah hah. FINALLY

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brians89K5, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

Finally a pic of my truck doing what its supposed to do. Tear up the dirt! I got to go out today and fiddle around off road and snapped a pic with my camara phone. Whaddia all think? I didn't really build her to flex as she goes in the sand most of the time. Also, heres a before and after pic. I still need to cut the fenders as my tires decided to re-arange them a lil today. :D Does anyone have experience with the rough country shocks? They seem to not have much rebound dampening, I feel like I am driving a pogo stick from time to time.

~Brian

P.s. Oh yeah, what I did to her... It now has a DIY shackle flip on it. A six inch rough country lift. 4.56 ring and pinion and an eaton posi. Also included is the 36 inch military Goodyears on her.

Misc Pictures 027.jpg

Truck flex.JPG

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. Brians89K5

Noone knows about the shocks?

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

looks good. dont know bout the shocks. i run gabriels and they have been good to me.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

How old are the shocks?
    If they are several to many years old they are Monotube designs and can be revalved using Bilstein parts. Talk to Lee at raceshock.com

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

rough country is a cheap suspention company and I doubt their shocks are top of the line. Go with something more spendy

6. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I use cheap procomp shocks. they work decent and Im still young so the rough ride doesnt really bother me. plus Im cheap and the top of the line stuff is really out of the budget.

7. Brians89K5

the shocks came with the lift so I have no idea. Wasn't trying to cut corners I just used what I had. I am thinking about running some RS5000. The rebound on these shocks is so light i have had my front tires come off the ground on some big whoops, in the STREET. Didn't know if someone else had experience with these rough country shocks.

~Brian

8. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

are the shock the hydro or the nitro?

9. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you go with RS5000s I guarenty you that will never happen again. I have RS5000s and they cut out some body roll but they are also a little on the harsh side.

10. Brians89K5

You know, I am not for certain. I would assume hydro as nitro are more expensive and I would assume that whatever came with the kit would be as cheap as possible??

11. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I have rough country on my k10 and its pretty bumpy, I've been told that trailmaster shocks are smooth.

12. folkenheath

folkenheath Worthless Trash Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had Tuff Country nitro (8000) shocks on mine, they were pretty harsh I thought. I took them off and put some Ranch RS9000X adjustable shocks. I bought them when they had the buy 3 get 1 free deal and got all 4 for $216. I love them , 9 position adjustable shocks and they can be pretty soft or real hard, whatever you feel like. Of course they don't list those for a 6" lift but I looked on the specs pages and found 2 parts numbers that bolted right on and had the correct travel range. The only thing I had to do, is the top of the rear shocks I had to use a 9/16" x 3 1/2" grade 8 bolt double nutted to pinch the frame instead of the factory stud. Works awesome for me.

13. Brians89K5

anyone got a number for the RS5000 that will fit a six inch lift? Thanks!

~Brian