Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ah poo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by willyswanter, Dec 8, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So I go out today thinking I'll get the rear half of my trucks body armor all finished and be done with the project finally...

Get the drivers side bumper bracket all made and done, trace it onto the plate to make the pass side bracket. Get 2" into the cut and what happens? I run out of Oxy for my torch set /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. My only day off is Sunday and now I have to wait a whole nother week again /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Man, I need a plasma cutter...

2. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Oh man, that just sucks. I didnt get crap done on my 72 this weekend either.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Dude, don't you have a MIG and ARC also? Can't you cut with an ARC, or am I way off? HOw about a Sawzall? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

that sounds like a great way to break your sawzall! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Uh, yeah, I've never cut with an arc welder before... But I can imagine it makes one hell of an ugly cut /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Heres my first bracket...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hardest part of the whole thing was making these, after that it's just beding tube. Only took about an hour to make that one. I knew for sure I was going to be done today but noooooooo...