Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ahh Darn Az Thiefs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1BadK-30, Feb 5, 2006.

1. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

2 vechicle stolen infront of my house, a 03 blue ranger ext cab tremmer edition ,which is my brothers stolen at around 2:00 to 4:00 PM IN THE AFTERNOON :eek1: and last night my dads 89 1ton ext cab long bed white dullie with blue pin stripes was stolen. Damn im sure going to miss that truck it runs like a raped ape.Its a total loss with only liability insurance

Sorry for my bad grammer, but im a bit ticked. I hope to post here more when i get a set of wheels! but i love the AZ crew and hope to do some wheelin this summer after, i graduate high school.

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I bet those trucks are in Mexico right now.

3. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

sadly its a possibility they are:mad:

4. 1-ton

If I did not have so many anti-theft devices on my Chevy trucks, I guarantee they would have been gone a long time ago.

5. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

who ever did it, broke the stering lock but thats not to hard to do.

az guys if you see these two trucks send me a pm with some details or anything, i know its a shot in the dark but hey it may turn up infront of one of your houses. I live in phoenix like a min before deer valey and 35th and Beardsley.

6. 1-ton

That is the way they steal every Chevy truck. I have a column collar lock on all my Chevy trucks. It is the biggest theft deterant you can get for a Chevy truck.

7. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

im sure going to invest in one of them

8. 1-ton

The only place I know that has them is Pep Boys Auto Parts. They cost about $50.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Another way to go is to put a switch under the carpet , and a switch under the dash . Get in flip the underdash switch , then push your foot on the carpet , turn the key .

Stepdads father did it to his work truck , I have yet to do it , but I betcha a thief would get mad at it and leave before wasting too much time on it :thumb:

10. 1-ton

Hidden switches are OK (I have one in my trucks), but the problem is...without a column collar lock, and thief will smash the sh!t out of the steering column, and then find out they cannot get it started; thus leaving you with a very expensive and time consuming repair. As far as I am concerned, absolutly nothing can substitute for a column collar lock. I know after making that statement people are going to start saying nothing beats a 20 Amp death shock or a pitbull, but lets get real...that is just a fantasy.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  11. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

any pics or links to these collar locks?

sorry about the theift btw

12. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

13. 1-ton

14. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

my 97 ranger was jacked about 3 weeks ago in mesa, considering my work equipment ect..big loss

15. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not only that, you can still hotwire GM vehicles (especially early) so easy it's ridiculous. Kill switches do nothing on carbed vehicles (especially) unless you can't get power from the battery to the starter or the coil. Either is real easy to do with minimal equipment obviously. Even electric fuel pump wiring is easily bypassed.

The column guards are best because you still can't steer the vehicle.

As 1-ton mentioned, you start getting real elaborate pretty quickly, but the column guard is a visual and physical deterrent that is IMO unmatched for simplicity, cost and effectiveness. Visual is very important in our vehicles...I doubt anyone that see's the column guard will even bust the window unless they are just stealing items.

How else are you going to make that cheap and simple of a deterrent that can't fail, perhaps leaving you stranded?

16. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

Well the 1ton was recoverd last night and returned to us today.It was up at indian school and the cops took it to a wreckin yard by the house. All that was broken was a window and the steering collumn but thats normal. The tranny sliped on the way home :( but it could be worse. It gets even better they left a binder in the truck with notes and PICTURES and a jacket. Pics to come in a bit got to charge the battery up.

17. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That's what I was gonna say about the reservations...had a guy a while ago that had his Burb stolen and was found stripped on the reservation.

18. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

Heheheh indian school isn't the reservation its just basicly near downtown phoenix arizona

19. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It cuts into the res east of Pima . My friends uncle lived there when the loop 101 went in , and they hauled off all the cars , including my 77 Malibu Classic I never drove ( got in trade ) .

20. 1-ton

I lived in Pheonix AZ for a couple of years back in the late 70's, while I was attending Arizona Automotive Institute. I had an Apartment right on Indian Shcool Rd. Back in those days Pheonix was just a sleepy little desert town. Is that 8-way intersection still on Indian Scool Road? That was a nightmare back then..I could only imagine what would be like now. I bet Indian Shcool Rd. must be an armpit now days, whith all the Mexican, dirtbag, thug gangbangers running around.