Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AHH It finally moves again.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big_B_Murphy, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Well, I finally got my 85 K5 moving again. After buying it about 2 years ago and promptly torpedoing the th700 a few months later, I almost lost hope. After being put on the back burner due to other things happening like getting married, my company laying off 50,000 employees in 2000/2001(I am lucky i didn't get the ax), and taking custody of my two young nephews, I finally scraped up the cash to convert to a sm465/205.
    Thanks to everyone on the board who has helped with info and parts. Y'all know who you are. Thanks! I really appreciate it.
    Of course, it still needs to be lifted, and a lot of tlc to get it right, but at least it moves on its own power.

I am so pumped I don't know what to do.

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey man glad to hear it...you still coming up to Richmond soon?

let me know

Later

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's a great feeling. I remember when I finally got the 82 out of the garage (after a year and half). I originally got motivated 'cause I needed the space, then I found this board. Now it's full tilt..... Something about this board that makes me really really motivated.... I could go for a few days of not reading and start to lose ambition, then one day I see what's going on here and BAM!! it hits me like a freight train.....time to fix the blazer (some more). hehe. I love this place.