Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AHHH! if life couldn't get more crappy right now...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 10, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sometimes I feel like the world is fighting against me.
    Of all times to get a cold, I have to get one before I get braces for my teeth, and before christmas. The problem with colds and braces is that my nose will be running, and I can't wipe it for 2 hours or so (the ammount of time it takes them to install it).
    Last weekend it snowed a couple inches, so I thought it would be a good time to bring out the snowblower and test it out. DAMMIT it would start up, but it seems it ran off the gas I used to "prime" it before I started it. It will fire right up after I prime, then it willllll die. Then I go to start it after that, and it won't work. This Ray guy that helped me fix it 2 weeks ago, is coming again this weekend to look at the tractor. Maybe we can get that running, and if we have time, look at the snowblower again.
    But now it's snowed probably another 4-5" of snow, and I have NOTHING to plow it with, just little snow shovels. AHHHHHHH why me! I'm just hoping my mom doesn't get stuck in her little car in the driveway.
    And I don't feel at all motivated to finish tearing apart the blazer. Nothing is working for me these days. So, I have 6" of snow at the end of the frame, and somehow I have to move all the chassis parts (once it's all apart) back into the shed for cleaning/painting this winter.
    But I probably can't do it this weekend, unless I can find a pickle fork to rent, so I can get the steering apart... thats the only thing that is holding me back. I just need the springs, and axles off, and the brake/fuel lines, then I should beable to move the pieces into the shop. It just seems to much work. I don't know... I will learn my lesson next spring when I can't find half the parts too. ****.
    And my family has been talking, and we are probably moving to a smaller house in Feb. some time. We have SOOO much stuff to pack, its ridulous. Also, no one has seen the outside of my house, but it's a MESS... the front deck is half painted, we're missing a piece of cedar siding in one spot, only 1 side, of the 4 massive sides of the house are painted in lynseed oil. Only 1.5 of the 4 sides of the houses window's trim is painted. I still need to make a new handrail out back where I build the pool enclosure. I still have to build a fence all around the pool. I still have to plant/grow grass in the ENTIRE front yard, which only 1/3 is ready for it.
    But the problem is, my mom, sister, and I, really want this house we are looking at... it's kind of small, but has 5 bedrooms (averafe size is 10x9'), 2 or 3 bathrooms. A carport for my mom. a DETACHED double garage, with heat and 220 wiring-which will be all for me, plus some storage for misc. stuff of my families. a nice, small backyard, and lots of driveway space...
    BUT I am doubting they will want to save it to Feb. to sell... and I think we will have a hard time selling our current house, will all the work that has to be done. My mom says she wants to leave it unfinished so the people that move in, can do whatever they want with it. I don't know, I just don't want to sell it for 190,000, when, if it looker nicer outside, it would probably go for 220,000 or so. There is just A LOT of work to be done.
    Also, I have math next semester, I haven't had math for a year now... so I can't rememeber ANYTHING we did last year. I found my books, and I am slowly looking over them to try to remember. I just will cross my fingers, that I pass it this year......

I don't mean to whine, but my friends don't understand me.... I am just different. You guys might understand, because some of you deal with a lot of stress like this every week (because your adults) and all that. I don't know.
    I just hope the air clears up soon, and things start working out for the better for me.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

STRESSSSSSSSS! The reason your friends dont understand is because you have more stress than your friends do because you are also the man of the house having to deal with all the same stuff a homeowner does. So instead of just high school stress (which is more than when we were kids) you've got grown up stress too. Newyorkin has been having some of the same stress trying to get his house remolded.

Here's some wisdom...........life always changes. If things are going perfect, it will change. If things are going crappy, it will change.

Do whats right always, do your best and keep your chin up. If that isnt good enough for everyone then they will just have to get over it.

Keep up the good work!

3. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Jeff,
    Since you said that, I realize your right. Well, I know that some of the stress will be over after christmas, so that's good.
    I don't mean to sound self-centered, but I never let things drag me down, I have always kept my chin up, no matter what happens. Although sometimes I feel like I just want to move to a small town and dig a hole to live in. But if I think about it, I have a damn good life. I have pretty good friends, a great truck, a loving family, and a roof over my head.
    I guess this much stress is bound for me to happen, considering my dad isn't here anymore. I just want my family to have a good life, so I get stressed about little things easily.
    I don't know... CK5 has lots of great people.
    Thanks Jeff, Your a great guy to talk to.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey man, just remember, it'll be alright. In the end, life's a zero sum game, so have some fun and don't spend hours upset over a problem, that just wastes time you could be either solving it or having fun

Oh, shoveling snow is good for monkey zombies anyway

You can come live with me anytime, but you'll have to leave your precious canadia

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

just like BIGYELLOWJIMMY said, stay strong and don't worry about bothering people here. PM me if you just want to vent. daryl

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

When I get upset, I eat a grilled cheese sandwich - it makes everything better.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Grilled Cheese = A
    Pattymelt = B

A < B

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

The Christmas holiday season stresses us all out so you arent alone.

Just remember to do what's right no matter what and let the chips fall where they may.

You may not know it but you are more mature in some areas than some adults :grin:

Just keep doing your best

Im off to yet another Christmas party/dinner, this will be #4 this week. Tis the season to be busy, fa la la la la, la la la la.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thanks for the support guys, I definitly feel better talking to you guys. I guess i'm just getting prepared earlier, for what an adults life is simular.
    Thanks everyone!

11. Resurrection_Joe

No no no no no no you lost if you feel this way constantly

Cheer up, something good will happen eventually......

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I was all pissed last night because some bank in Wisconsin or something wouldn't finance my car, but today my hometown bank did, and it's a better deal for a shorter time, bad always turns happy

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If nuthin else when ya feel really low just give me a call and I'll tell ya we're dealin with right now and it'll prolly make ya feel better.

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I find stress comes from being overwhelmed. When you have 11 seperate things on your mind it gets to be too much. What I try and do is focus on one thing until it's resolved and then move on. Ignore the snowblower for now instead of stressing about it. Grab a shovel and clear the driveway for your Mom. By the time you're done you'll feel better. A bit of hard work and fresh air can do that...and it'll give you time to mull over the rest of what's bugging you.

Pickle fork is about $10 at any parts store.

Worry about math when you start that class...the first few days are usually 'gimme's' anyways and you can freshen up then.

No sense worrying about the outside of the house for two reasons. Number one is the weather is too crappy to be painting etc. Secondly it's your Mom's house and she sounds like she'd rather leave it be.

Anyways, focus on one issue at a time until one issue has been resolved. Then move on. It'll help keep you from becoming overwhelmed.

Don't forget to have some fun too...you are still a kid, enjoy being one for as long as you can.

Rene

14. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Hang in there.

On Wednesday, I started complaining to myself about getting kinda stuck, and having to trudge through 8" of snow in the woods 1/4 mile with crappy shoes on to get a battery.

As I was losing feeling in the bottom of my feet as I was walking, I thought to myself... sure this sucks, but I'm not in a death nearing situation. What if I were just as I was, feet freezing, no source of heat, lost with no place to go.

It really made me really appreciate the fact that this was my own driveway of sorts, and even if I was stuck, I still had other ways out. I could still get the truck started again and get heat, and I could easily walk down the other way and get help if need be.

Sometimes we feel hopeless, even alone, and stuck somewhere in life where nothing is going as planned. But theres always hope and other solutions to life's problems, even if they aren't as we had wanted.

Despite the deals I lose money on, things that go wrong, when I'm upset about blowing up a motor or bruising my knuckles or tripping over junk in my driveway... I still remember at least I'm not lost and stuck with no way out... literally or figuratively.

15. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Don't know who wrote this. I read it on a plaque about 20 years ago, and it has helped me when I felt like you do right now. " The only difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how we use them". Hang in there, life gets better.

16. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

RJ's right, maybe we all need to remember this one...I know I do at times!

Rene's right also, you need to have some fun, the "joy" of being a homeowner and adult will come soon enough. take on one project at a time...Rome wasn't built in a day.

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I would clear my driveway with a shovel, but it's pretty long, and I feel like crap from my cold.

The thing is I can't focus on one issue at a time until it's fixed... The blazer won't be finished until next year, or the year after. I can't do anything to the exterior of the house. I have to wait till sunday, and hope that we can get the tractor/snow blower going. My future depends on how well I do at math, so I need to pass, and do well. I have 2 auto parts here, Canadian Tire, and Lorco... lordco is usually a bit expensive, and Canadian tire usually doesn't have the right stuff. I will look again though.

For me, fun was working and learning about vehicles. All my friends usually get drunk on the weekends, and go to parties and smoke. I'm not interested in that stuff.
    I guess I am thinking a bit negative about everything... but it cirles around to the answer;stress.

I will try to acomplish individual things at a time.
    My first thing to accomplish it getting rid of this cold, so I feel more motivated to go downtown and find a pickle fork.

I feel like a jerk... sorry if this reply is blunt.
    Thanks for your thoughts, Rene. Your a good guy.

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well, we all get a bit like you are right now when we're sick. Prolly best you don't go outside until you're better.

Lordco would be your best bet as far as finding the pickle fork. Cambodian tire will have it but it'll be a bit of a search. You could just ask at the counter, but you might actually get a pickle fork (the kind for pickles I mean :D )

Your future depends on a lot of things, not just math. I think you could be putting a little too much pressure on yourself. Give it your best effort and and move on. If you need help then ask...if you still don't get it ask for more help until you do. It's school, you're supposed to not know stuff before you go there, and it's up to them and you together to change that. You ask, they teach...

Rene

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey, Thanks Rene, your really cheering me up, especially what you said about CT and the pickle fork! LOL
    I will check lordco on Tuesday for a pickle fork...
    You probably are right, I am putting to much pressure on myself. I think I do it a lot too. What should I do about that??

Thanks!

20. Resurrection_Joe

You know, I didn't want to say it, but I have to admire your commitment to responsibility