Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AHHH!!! SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, Feb 26, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

WHERE CAN YOU BUY THE LIGHT MOUNT BAR ROD STICK THING?
    People sell lights, do they assume that you just poop a moint for them? someone help me here...what are they called where can i get it

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

If you are talking about the light bar itself, you can get a good parts house. I bought one a couple years ago from Pep Boys.

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I know this doesn't help your request but, doesn't WV, or one of it's neighbors, have some sort of legislation in committee right now that will make having any lights above the head-lights illegal. First off, I know that just because it is in committee, it doesn't necessarily mean it will pass state congress, and second no I am not advocating this BS law either. What I am hoping for is, if I wasn't mistaken, that someone reads this andgets pissed enough about it they try to do something to prevent it passing in WV before it spreads to everyone's state.

Lance

PS Again all this is coming from memory and may or may not be true, but I also thought I recalled mention the auto manufacturers have lobbied for some sort of loop-hole to allow the sale of special packages like the Renegade for the Jeep Liberty.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I know Dick Cepek used to make a light bar like that one. I see em on eBay every so often so check around there. As far the lights being illegal being that high.... I think if you kept them covered and only used them offroad you'd be fine if some dumb law was passed...

5. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I found the link to it and it is WV that is trying to ban the lights. Check it out.

clicky

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I got mine off ebay.

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I didn't use the clicky, but is that the Sen Ross schmoe? Sumpin about making aftermarkrt light bars illegal? I wrote him an e mail but never heard back. I asked him if he was serious or just lost a SuperBowl bet.

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

that law has about as much chance to pass as prohibition.

Anyone here been to wv knows why...more 4x4'ers than ive seen anywhere else.

i emailed my opposition to the bill also.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

to my knowledge it has passed, the Jeep Liberty Sport with the lights on the roof from the factory cannot be sold in WV because of the law. If you see a commercial for it it says "not available in all states" the only state it isn't available in is WV. The lights don't have a cover but they do have a switch and I think you pretty much just fail inspection or something with lights that high.

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    that would only allow original vehicle manufacturer's equipment light bars. This bill would effectively ban the sale, installation and use of aftermarket light bars equipped with aftermarket lighting equipment intended for off-highway use.

[/ QUOTE ] Well 2 points then...what if you used them for ON road use. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and police cars dont come w/ light bars from the factory, does that mean they now have to turn off the lights once you are on the side of the road? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

What a BOGUS law, I cant see how SEMA didnt get involved in this one. If its for OFF highway use, how can they have any say so? Just doesnt make any sense. What are they basing this law off of?

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no its some stupid people who probably used their off road lights on the road and some person complained to a representative or got pulled over or something and before you know it light bars are the devil. As I stated it may extend past aftermarkets because Jeep isn't selling the Liberty with factory lights in WV. I read it in an issue of fourwheeler a month or so ago that the Liberty with the ligths won't be available in WV.