Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AHHHH!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Oct 26, 2000.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a drawing for the "guts" of a tailgate for an 88 they can send me (or know where I can get some)? I think 88-91s are the same. I took mine apart, and now it doesn't work! DOH! Please help me! Thanks!

dawson444@aol.com

Dawson
    88 K5

2. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Count me in -- Mine never worked! I've had the thing for almost a year, and still haven't bothered digging into it yet.

-Al.

3. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Mine still works, but creaks , squeaks, binds, and pops. Sounds like my knees instead of a tailgate.

I'd be interested too!

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Your local Chevy or GMC dealer can print an exploded view with part #'s and also the LMC catalog has a similar view. Dawson, try grabbing the two small rods that extend to the latches on either side of the tailgate and see if you can pull on them and release the latches, you may have to have someone push against the gate from the outside. I think you have a safety release problem. Make sure your window is rolled down as far as it will go when doing this.

5. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Order a catalog from LMC. They have a diagram for you, cheap.