Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AHHHHH!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by k5blazerus, Jan 6, 2004.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I got stuck with Jury Duty /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif tomorrow. This is going to suck!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

No offensive, but better you than me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

ha! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'd love to get jury duty... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifI wonder why they never pick me???? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

could be that you have to be sober... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I was called 2wice before I was even 20 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    I have found that they don't like to keep you around much when your dad is an assistant US attorney though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have found that they don't like to keep you around much when your dad is an assistant US attorney though.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

*knock on wood* I have yet to be called

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    could be that you have to be sober...

[/ QUOTE ] Sobriety means having too much blood in my alcoholstream...Scary...

11. k5blazerus

anyone have a clue how long these things last for?

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

depends on the trial....last one my mom was on lasted 2 months /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. k5blazerus

So I may be in for some fun. I hope I do not get stuck with a case that goes that long. That would suck big time.

14. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Is it Grand Jury? That is like a minimum of a month. If it is just normal jury duty they will sit you in a room all morning (making you watch a movie about Thomas Jefferson at the beginning) and just call off names of people who will go out to certain court rooms in groups. Your name might not even be called. That has happened to me before. Then you just go home. They pay you something like $10 for the day + transportation which is like $.85
    If you are called into a courtroom they will ask you about yourself (ie. what you do for a living, who you live with, how old you are, etc.) Then they will tell you what the case is about and will ask you if you think that you could judge the person fairly and open-mindedly.
    The only case I ever got called in on was some guy who was up for like 9 counts of sodomy and 4 counts of rape and 12 counts of sex with a minor and molestation and all sorts of other stuff. They asked me if I felt that I could judge him fairly and I said no. They grilled me for about 20 minutes about why I couldn't and I had to tell a story about my ex-girlfriend who was molested by her stepdad and later in life after we broke up she was drugged and raped by 3 guys. Asked me all sorts of questions about that in front of everyone in the courtroom (talk about uncomfortable). Then they started grilling me about my dad and if he ever talks about his cases at home and all sorts of other stuff.
    It pretty much sucks, but it is something that must be done to help defend the rights of everyone who lives in this country because no matter what, everyone is intitled to a trial by jury. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone have a clue how long these things last for?

[/ QUOTE ] Good news , sonbgrioety on;ylasts fpor a lil wile;... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

wow fumes, you sound messed up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Damn that sucks, but look at it this way. You might get to sit with some hot chicks. That always makes time go by fast. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

18. k5blazerus

That would be awesome but I already have a blondie. I wont get in trouble if I just look.

19. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

My wife got out of the one and only one she got called to....had her boss wife her a letter saying it conflicted with her work schedule...which it really didn't, it was her normal day off /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif she just didn't want to do it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got stuck with Jury Duty /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif tomorrow. This is going to suck!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get out of it if you want...........if you look at the summons on the 'Juror Information Sheet' it gives you options to be excused from service. Included in that is the are if the jury service causes undue hardship or inconvenience, etc. If it is regular duty, it's usually a two day ordeal as long as you don't get on a murder trial or something like that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I had to get out of it last spring as I was commuting to So Cal during the days they wanted me, so I asked for an extension till this February. Turns out they sent me a card in the mail last week saying I did not need to show up. That's another option, delaying to another time (line 7 on the sheet).

Then again, might be a good time to take a couple of days off out of the snow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif