Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Computer doods! HElp me before I got NUTZ!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zeus33rd, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Ok, How the hell do I make these frickin things stop? Starting to drive me nuts. If I leave my computer connected over night, when I wake up I have to close like 30+ of these damn things before I can do anything.....

[​IMG]

I'll be damned if I pay some ass hat for software to get rid of them...
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you have spy-ware on your pc run ad-aware to get it off also run zone alarm pro it has a built in popup stopper and keeps you safe from hackers let me know if you want a copy and ill email it to you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ad-aware won't stop this.... you need too...

Go to run. Type in MSCONFIG and hit okay. Click on the services tab then uncheck messenger. You may have to reboot, but that should solve the issue....

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

go to start

then control panel

then Administrative tools

then Services

Find Messenger in the list and double click on it

Under the General Tab where it says start up type, use the pull down list to dissable it.

For whatever reason XP has a built in messenger, and on a net work like cable, you can message a whole set of IP adresses. No pop up blockers fix this and this will stop them for ever.

5. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    go to start

then control panel

then Administrative tools

then Services

Find Messenger in the list and double click on it

Under the General Tab where it says start up type, use the pull down list to dissable it.

For whatever reason XP has a built in messenger, and on a net work like cable, you can message a whole set of IP adresses. No pop up blockers fix this and this will stop them for ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Ad-aware won't stop this.... you need too...

Go to run. Type in MSCONFIG and hit okay. Click on the services tab then uncheck messenger. You may have to reboot, but that should solve the issue....

[/ QUOTE ]

Much approtiated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Did both, I'll reboot here in a bit and see if it worked. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

yeah, both ways are doing the same thing.sep, chevycalgal cheated and did it the short way.

7. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

oh yeah, you shouldnt have needed to restart./

8. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, both ways are doing the same thing.sep, chevycalgal cheated and did it the short way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I figured. Kinda looked like the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Zeus33rd

It told me that I needed to restart, but I didn't. Didn't feel like waiting...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    zone alarm worked for my wifes pc /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

It wasnt stoping the messenger pop ups. I can almost garentee it. I am pretty sure you have to be on a network with a public IP block to get them, so if you have a dial up or a better cable/dsl then no worries.

12. mudhog

i have suckcast i mean comcast cable /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I think this is like the 3rd repost of the same problem. Search works in OT too (no offense /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

14. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    I think this is like the 3rd repost of the same problem. Search works in OT too (no offense /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my pet peeves. Why do people always insist on the search thing? Kiss my a$$ (no offense to you) but if I need an answer to what I know is an easy question, then I'll be damned if I waste time wading through old posts. It's all about quick, simple, and easy.

So a newbie comes into one of the tech forums and asks about fitting 33's on a stock K5...And like clockwork, someone will snidly point out the search feature. If you're a new dude, and don't know much about what your asking, why would you want to use the search thing? I wouldn't. And I will continue to not use it. It's not that diffucult to answer the newbie questions that get asked over and over. It's gonna keep happening, not gonna stop. Just go with it. The exception to the rule is people like Z3PR with 123,456,295 posts, that constantly ask dumb questions like, will 33's and 3.73's work? Thats just as frustrating. It's damn dude!! After all this time on this board- You STILL don't have a clue? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Whoa, sorry. Didn't intend to piss you off. It's just that this was asked 3 different times in a week once, so I thought it might still be lurking near the top or show up on a search of recent posts. I know it's easier to just type the frickin answer than to tell someone to do a search most of the time. Sorry for being a cynical bastard (like I can be pretty often). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my pet peeves. Why do people always insist on the search thing? Kiss my a$$ (no offense to you) but if I need an answer to what I know is an easy question, then I'll be damned if I waste time wading through old posts. It's all about quick, simple, and easy.

So a newbie comes into one of the tech forums and asks about fitting 33's on a stock K5...And like clockwork, someone will snidly point out the search feature. If you're a new dude, and don't know much about what your asking, why would you want to use the search thing? I wouldn't. And I will continue to not use it. It's not that diffucult to answer the newbie questions that get asked over and over. It's gonna keep happening, not gonna stop. Just go with it. The exception to the rule is people like Z3PR with 123,456,295 posts, that constantly ask dumb questions like, will 33's and 3.73's work? Thats just as frustrating. It's damn dude!! After all this time on this board- You STILL don't have a clue? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What were ya asking again? Oh yeah, that's right. 33's will not fit on stock suspension and 1 tons are for homo sheep rapers......

Was that what you were wanting to know?

Oh wait, what was I talking about again?

17. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I would gladly rape a male sheep for a set of 1-tons.

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would gladly rape a male sheep for a set of 1-tons.

[/ QUOTE ]

*looks up local 4H Club in phone book and loads film in camera*

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

19. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So did it work? You never said what type of OS you are running... Should have worked though... Worked for me when I did it about 3 months ago...

So will 33's fit on a stock K5? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Zeus33rd

Yes it worked. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks to those that helped me with it. And I'm running XP Pro. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif