Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air bag suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by smp, Oct 26, 2000.

1. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

any body out there use an air bag setup and do you know if i could tow another blazer and trailer with an airbag suspension?

<font color=orange>SMP</font color=orange>

2. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

Another delayed reaction....

I am in the process of putting a full airbag suspension on my 82 C/K5. I am by no means an expert on air suspension, but I can assure you that you can hual whatever you want with airbags. What you need to do is design your system with your towing in mind, and it will be more capable than it is now. If you have any doubts about a bags ability to handle a load, take a look under any 18 wheeler, or most motorhomes on the road. Yep, you guessed it, they all ride on air...

<font color=purple>N2TRUX<font color=purple>
    http://n2trux.coloradok5.com/

3. ReIN4st

ReIN4st Registered Member

Yes by all means you can. I've been installing bags for quite a while now. From lowriders to Z71's to F-550 Flat beds. They work extremely well, and give you a great ride, yet can carry thousands of pounds (depending on set-up). Plus you have on board air, if you need it.