Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air bag tips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bagged beast, Mar 26, 2005.

1. bagged beast

bagged beast Registered Member

I am running 18inch firestone air bags in the back of my rig and i have a question about plumbing them. All the people that i talked to said to run them individually. What i am wondering is if i run them together would it transfer air under articulation, like if it compressed the driver side and push it into the pass. side to "equal" flex. I would run a valve so i could link them or run them seprate. I was just wondering if i should even spend the time to plumb it that way.:confused: Thanx

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think so. IMO.

I had Gabriel Hijacker air-shocks, (that dates me) on my '67 SS Impala, way back when. They shared the same fitting and when one side compressed the other side extended. We used them to lift the rear of the cars to get larger tires under the fenders. But when one tire went over a bump, say, the sidewalls got cut because of the shared fitting.

I would use separate lines. IMO.

3. bagged beast

bagged beast Registered Member

I have them run seperate at the time but was wondering if it would be a idea to try but i think it would have too much body roll so i am going to leave it. Thanx for the input

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

For a while one of the tricks the IFS yota guys were doing was to run air shocks on the front tied together. That raised the front end w/o affecting the articulation.

5. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

post up some pic of your rig, sounds interesting