Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air bags for towing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wnderbra, Apr 20, 2001.

1. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

me again does anyone have any pics of air bag setups still trying to decide how to fix my towing problem.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I still say that if your weight distribution bars are working properly, you shouldn't have any problems with rear end sag or handling. I tow a 3000lb travel trailer and can torque up the bars so that my truck sits perfectly level. In fact, one day just for fun, I lifted the back of my truck 4 inches higher than normal with my weight distribution system. I also have no wandering problems. Maybe your hitch system isn't working properly..................

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</A>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

3. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I to have a weight distribution bars for my travel trailer as well. The last year my Blazer has been in transition so I had to use my wifes expedition. I was wondering if I needed air bags, but the weight thing worked great. You may also want to shift any weight in your trailer to help, exaples put the loose stuff (bikes, toys, TV, cold beer) toward the rear of the travel trailer to held things. I also hear springs do "get old" and loose that lovin feelin over the years....Good luck

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

4. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

I have surge brakes on the trailer and from what i can find out the wieght distribution system wo'nt work

5. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

You might try poking around on the Chevy, Ford, and Dodge diesel sites. Not sure what the Ford one is, I think the Chevy one is www.dieselpage.com, and the Dodge one that I belong to is www.turbodieselregister.com. A lot of folks there do pretty heavy towing, and there is a forum dedicated to towing.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd