Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air bags???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2005z71chevy, Nov 6, 2005.

1. 2005z71chevy

2005z71chevy Registered Member

hey guys i just bought a 2005 z71 chevy colorado and have never off roaded in any thing other than my 89 jimmy and 83 chevy.they dont have air bags,this does.i am affraid that i will accidentily hit a tree and the bags will go off. good if your on the high way but not on the trails.any one know about air bags should i worry about this? are they really that sensitive? thaks for the help nick :confused:

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Just keep your hands and arms away from the front of the wheel. You know how some people lay their arms over the wheel to drive? Well, imagine when that air bag goes off at 200+ mph....exactly where their arms go.......right into their face. That's how many people get injured. Keep your hands on the outer rim away from the center, and you should be good.

3. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

i believe its just a fuse you need to yank, but you really need to disable to disable them while offroad IMO.

while chances are you may not experience an impact harsh enough to deploy your airbags, but id rather save myself from injury and spending a bit of cash from them deploying.

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I'd leave 'em alone. If you impact something hard enough to deploy the airbags, then they're doing what they're supposed to do.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I never had a problem in my '99 Tahoe. If you hit something hard enough to depoly them, you probbably do need them.