Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air compressor?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Mar 20, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Well I went to a local junkyard yesterday to get a grille for my truck (20 bucks). While I weas lookin around In a C 10 there was a compressor(?) of some sort in a square frame welded to the frame. It had a motor utilized drive pulley.(did I say that right?) Anyone know what this is? I never saw anything like it. It looks like the compressor part off of an actual air compressor. Had a big hose and alittle hose out the top.(both were cut) The bracket it was mounted in might have been homemade. I will be going back in a month when the old man gets back. hes off to see his grand kids. I will get a shopping list from anyone then. Prices will vary, because its a good ole boy place. You pull it yourself and stand up front and talk about it till the price is where you want it. He doesnt have any blazers, but I looked at 37 68-72 trucks before I got tired. He has tons more.

it didnt say york or have anytags i could read

Nathan

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Have you checked out http://www.onboardair.com/
    They have some nice info there. I got one of my yorks off of a 73 chevy. the mount attached above the water pump and had 2 idler pullies on it.

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

37 first gen trucks, wow, my kind of place, did it have a bed on it, could have been two things that come to my mind, primitive on board air or a hydraulic setup. I"ve seen hydro setups for hayforks, wreckers, etc.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I looked at so many trucks that i dont remember if it did or not. I wont to say it did, but I'm not positive. A hydrosetup wouldnt suprise me abit for farming. Thats about all there is to do around here. I may just talk him out of it so I can tear into it and see what it is.
    thanks for the idea
    nathan

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Nathan,

Maybe you will be my "saviour" with so many 1st Gens to choose from.....! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I have a post in the "parts wanted" section....looking for the 69-70 front bumper brackets (the diagonal ones) that are off a 4x4. The 2WD versions are taller, and won't fit right.

If you come across a set (or two!) let me know....I will be happy to re-imburse your time & shipping, etc.

Thanks! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

The motor I just put in my '72 was a 350 out of a '81 Chevy motorhome. It had a huge air or AC compressor mounted to the top part of the motor. The brackets definitely weren't homemade and it had dual idler pullies mounted to it. I assumed it was an Air Conditioning compressor, but its a huge single cylinder design, just like an air compressor. Does anyone know what it is? I didn't see a place to check or add oil, though I haven't examined it real close. Thanks.

Will