Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air compressor?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brady, Oct 1, 2000.

1. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I put a compressor in my ride this weekend.It is an old AC pump and it works great.But I need to wire it in the dash.I also need to find a little air filter.I went to napa and they had nothing not even the old valve cover breathers that just push in.Anyone have an idea for one.I have seen little conical filters before but don't know where to get one.It has an 1/2" pipe for the intake.Any help appreciated.P.S. It was cool to flip a switch and air up my tires!!!Sure beats trying to find a air pump at a gas station after a ride!!!Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster

2. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Find a K&N dealer near you that has a catalog. If you look through it you`ll see a section on small filters. They will have just what you`r looking for. Here is how I have my compressor wired. You will need a tank for this. From the line out on the pump, plumb a standard type compressor controler inline to the tank. These controlers are for AC voltage, but they run nicely on DC to. This is hard to describe if you are not familiar with the parts. You can Email me for a print out of this system.

3. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but remember that lawn mowers, motorcycles, even chainsaws have air filters. Maybe something like that might be what you're looking for, just a tought.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I found a filter in Summit.I am going to wire a switch in the dash for now untill I get a tank.I am also going to put a oil water seperater in front of the tank.The compressor seams to put out a little oil.Did you wire a pressure switch in yours.I am going to use one when I get the tank in.like 120.I was told today by an old jeeper that the yorks will put out 300#.That is alot!!Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster

5. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

You should put a pop off valve on the tank or in the system some where.you can get them for different psi ratings 110,120,130 etc.Some very cheap insurance too keep something bad from happening.

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

My lawnmower has an airfilter? Really?
    I guess I never thought about it.