Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air compressors.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eightyone, Jul 12, 2004.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

im looking for an air compressor for my pickup truck, im thinking something that runs off gas i could put in the bed, or even in the toolbox. i am planning on mounting the tank underneath. and maybee if they make one that you can plug a 110 into, so i can run air tools and electric tools. anyone have this setup, or knwo were i could find one, ive been looking locally, but had no luck. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No compressor has an electrical outlet, that would be a generator. Use a york A/C compressor and mount it under your hood and make it an air compressor. Do a search and you will come up with tons of info on it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have a 20 gal 3 1/2 hp gas B&S engine powered compressor I will sell for 100 dollars. Runs /works good. I live in Nevada tho. Its pretty heavy. Shipping would prolly be a killer.
    For onboard air on my K5 I use a 1000 watt invertor and a 1/2 hp 110 V air compressor. Its also nice to have electric power for hand tools. And to run the Blender /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    [​IMG]