Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Con. Blower Fan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, Mar 17, 2002.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey Guys, i've been having problems with my fan not coming on lately. I think the problem is just in the wire that goes to the blower motor. it use not not come on sometimes so I would open the hood and jigle the wire and it would come on, i would have to do this every once and a while. Recently however, it hasnt come on at all not even when i jigle the wire. I still think its the wire however, has nyone else ever had a similar problem, and how did you, or how could I fix it...? thanks,
    ike

2. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Time for a new fan. When it does not come on, try tapping the fan motor housing (inside the engine bay) with a hammer very gently. If the fan comes on then it is likely the brushes inside the motor itself. Just go to Napa or similar shop and get a new one - about $30.00. They go bad sometimes...very easy fix.

3. 86blazerk5

I will try that. I am kinda thinking it is the bad wire conection, but you are probably right becuase when i jigle the wire it still does not come on. so i will go out and try that. thanks,
    ike

4. 86blazerk5

Sure enough, a few taps with a hammer and it came right on. Thansk for the geat advice, Assuming napa has them in stock, i will go ahead a replace it some time this week.
    Thanks again,
    Ike

5. motorheadnelson

motorheadnelson Registered Member

10 bucks at the junkyard....