Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air flow

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Oct 25, 2001.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i'm getting a rear wind deflector sent to me, and i want to mount it once.
    my exhaust is duals straight out the back, so i can't drive with my rear window open.
    i'm thinking i'll mount it just above the roofline, because i want to channel airflow from over the roof down, creating a high pressure area, right? that will create a vaccuum at the top, pulling air from the interior, right?
    or do i disrupt the flow more on the vertical plane of the rear of the truck?
    just checkin'....

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Look at a 'burban and see how they mount it. I'm sure thats how you will want to mount yours as well. FWIW, if you are getting a stock "spoiler" you don't have much of an option on where to mount it, due to the pedestals they come with. 'burban ones fit the K5 fine.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?