Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air/fuel mixture adjustment tool?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dunc03, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where I can find a tool to adjust the air/fuel mixture on quadrajet off a 86 305 k5. The screws that are in there don't have the conventional heads on them, or even a normal shape. Instead of normal screws that have a slotted or phillips head, they used screws that are nothing but rectangles on the ends. The things just look like slivers of metal about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch thick. If anybody has any ideas on how to turn these things I'm all ears. I tried needle nose pliers on the one i just tookoff and they screws turn easily, un fortunately I can't use needl nose pliers on the one that is now install because the things won't fit in between the carb and the water jacket. Does GM make a tool specifically for this or am I going to have to rig something up. Thanks for any ideas you have.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Take a small piece of copper tubing and crimp over the end of a pointed file or similar shaped object. Worked for me

3. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I bought mine at NAPA. I am sure other auto parts stores sell them, Like autozone and Schucks