Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Gun

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skroo, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know how to make an air gun that shots tennis balls? One that I could air up with a compressor or something.
    I got to get reveng at some guys from work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

potato gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

We used a waterballoon slingshot to shoot golf balls! WOW! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI have to try that, those can shoot water balloons far I'm sure the golf balls go even further.

5. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Found a couple of websites. I'm gonna build one tomorrow and I'll let ya'll know how it goes on Sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

We where shooting them out into the field. Be careful and make sure you have enough room for it. We shot one close to 3/4mile then it bounced and hit the side of a car! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    We had no idea it make it to the road. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Apparently the guys who worked at the shop 6 years or so ago would launch gumballs. They would put a peice of rubber hose over the end of the air hose for the tire machine and then stuff the gumball down into the hose. Once the air pressure built up the gumball would shoot a long ways. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The gumballs we have now dont work /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ok get like 5 soupcans and cut holes on them each side and tape them all together. At one end tape a coke can to it. now on the top of the coke can poke a SMALL hole. now stuff the teniss ball at the other end of soup can. put a LITTLE! bit of alcohol in the hole of the coke can and light it... it should launch the tenis ball.

9. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I built it on sunday and shot it all day today. At a hundred psi, it shot from one end of my shop to the edge of the parking lot(50 to 60 yards) I was only shooting tapeballs though. We loaded up bolts wrapped in tape and they flew about 100 yards.
    Then I almost took out a 2003 towncar so I decided to stop. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif