Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Horn

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevy4x4, Jul 11, 2000.

1. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Have any of you ever put an air horn on the roof of your k5s? The ones that are on highway trucks? Is the installation simple? what would it cost?

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I got an air horn under my hood right next to my radiator. Sounds like a ship when I honk the horn. I think it cost about $45 if I remember right, from JCW. Very easy install and very worth it in my opinion.
    Boss

3. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

You can buy real cheap air horns for about $25. They're simple to install too, they come with all the directions you need. I've looked into getting actual semi air horns(hubby works @ MI Kenworth)...mmmm they're a bit pricey, & that's just for the horns, then I gotta figure out how to get a compressor that will crank out enough air for them! I think this week I gotta help him pick up some used semi bumpers! nice big chrome ones, not too badly dinged up either....just gotta figure out how to mount 'em on my truck..hehehe

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The ones on the semi's are about $200 brand new. You can get the same thing from JCW for $25; not as flashy though.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

6. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

7. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

I have an air horn like what you are talking about on my truck. very loud. neighbors dont like it much. I have the lanyard and everything like the 18 semis do, not the electric solenoid. It is from a company named Hadley. JCWhitney has a good setup and it is like 200 bucks I think. it comes with horns, compressor, tank, and all the other junk. I enjoy mine very much. I got it off my dads old truck before he sold it.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder