Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air horns?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Oct 15, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

anybody runnin em? and where did you mount your horns and tank? thanks i figured since ive aready got a pa, and alarm wired to a switch:D haha fun in traffic lol. i needed something else to piss people off. :haha: but seriosly i was wondering if any body had some and where they got them, if they puled them from a semi what else did you pull. etc thanks

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

train horns are the big thing with the show trucks now

3. 02turbogixxer

02turbogixxer Registered Member

Here is a site that sells regular air horns and Locomotive air horns. They have a section that also has pics of where people install them. Most of them install the train horns under the bed because of the size. Here is a little clip of them playing around with the train horns.

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=42

4. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

my buddy has one he ordered from JC whitney. it was small enough to mount on the inner wheel well in his engine compartment on his bronco. i would love to find one just like the one they use on semis... but i havent really had the time to look around for one.

5. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

we have a semi junkyard just down the road from here soo that probaly shouldnt be a problem. im just seeing what other people have done.

6. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Look on ebay for some military air horns. They're not too big and they have a unique high pitched blast to them. The type they use on the M-35's are great. They use an electric solenoid to activate the air to the horn, but it's 24 volt. You would need to change it to a 12 volt solenoid, but that shouldn't be too hard to do.

7. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

I'm putting a dual flute truck horn under hood on my dodge........I can't stand the weak ass stock horn. When I'm road ragin' I want my horns to be louder than a friggin scooter

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

9. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

That's a damn good way to make sure your gonna get that ticket!!!!!

My horns are mounted on the drivers side inner fender, almost the same as pvfjr's. Tank is mounted to the frame rail under the passengers seat.