Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Injection System

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Jun 27, 2000.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

What does the air injection system do on my truck? I have a 85 blazer, 305 engine. Do I need this thing on my truck for it to work? What will happen if I take it off my truck? I was going to take it off because the headers I have don't have anywhere to hook up the air injection reaction system.

2. James

James 1/2 ton status

Unless Im thinking of something else. If your referring to the air pump it is just to pump air into the exhaust to reduce carbons and toxins. California emissions requires this. My blazer has since become smog exempt in calif and I took mine off. Waste of horsepower

3. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

I bought an 87 k5 that had the air pump taken off of it. I'm pretty sure it gives you a little more horsepower. I dont have that truck anymore though.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

4. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

More horsepower you say? Well we don't have emmisions testing here in Minnesota anymore, so I will be taking it off. <font color=red>WAY FUN!!!</font color=red>