Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AIR INJECTION TUBES

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FILDO, Aug 1, 2001.

1. FILDO

FILDO Registered Member

WELL IT SEEMS THAT CHEVY AND ALL THE AUTO PARTS STORES HAVE DISCONTINUED AIR INJECTION TUBES FOR MY 1980 K5. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE PASSENGER SIDE RAIL? I REALLY NEED IT BECAUSE I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT I HAVE TO GO TO A TEST ONLY SMOG CENTER...YUCK. IF YOU HAVE A SET THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE, LET ME KNOW.....THANKS PHIL

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Try LMC Truck, they usually have everything.

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

The injection tube is a dealer only item and it is not discontinued. You simply need to give them a different year K5. Thats what I had to do. Otherwise that is a junkyard item. Have fun on your hunt.

Crawlin the rocks with my K5
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</a>

4. FILDO

FILDO Registered Member

THE DEALER SAID THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY RAILS WITH JUST 2 OF THE INJECTORS ON THEM. HE SAID I WOULD HAVE TO MODIFY A 4 INJECTOR RAIL AND HOPE THAT IT WORKS. PHIL

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

If it's a discontinued item, and yours are damaged beyond repair, how can the state make you fix it? Will they cough one up for you? Might be something you may want to ask the Test only station about.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?