Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Intake Ductwork & Fitting Suppliers/Info Needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mosesburb, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Does anybody know of a supplier (preferrably online) that has cataloging or images of air intake hose elbows/fittings?? Looking for items that would normally be found on medium/heavy duty trucks and or large diesel engines. I am needing some various pieces in the 3" to 5" range. I'm trying to engineer an air intake setup for the Cummins in the Sub.

Also, does anybody know the diameter of the snorkel fitting on the cowl of a HUM-VEE??

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Some of the stuff on the TPI camaro's/firebirds is 3". Not real familiar with the 2.8L EFI Camaro's, but from the ones I've seen, their ducting looks to be about the same diameter.

Also got a piece off of an Audi(?) in the wrecking yard that was about the same diameter.

I had a real hard time finding ANY supplier of intake stuff down to 3", which is what I needed. Everything for big trucks was much larger.

www.jagsthatrun.com has a selection of rubber elbows and what not, but none of it near 5" as I recall.

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That is about what I am looking for, tubing wise, but I will probably go with steel just because of availability/ease of working. Now, if I could just find some elbows and fittings for using large tubing like that I'd be set. I found some on that site, but they were not large enough, Grrrrrrr.

6. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

The hummer snorkle kitshave a 4.5 inch outlet. I have a good friend that works on these. The have a intake cap that is very slick. It has a free spinning fan in it to reduce any moisture coming in. I'll try to get some pics. I know they are expensive, but they are a awsome setup.

7. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe try a semi truck dealer. I think there is a Freightliner place in Tolleson.