Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air leak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cbr929, Apr 11, 2003.

1. cbr929

cbr929 Newbie

Apr 28, 2002
    My '89 Jimmy has a stumble at idle and I am currently trying to locate a possible air leak. I've noticed that when I switch the heater control from heat to the defrost setting that an appreciable amount of air volume is still coming from the front vents. Has anyone noticed how much air flow actually gets redirected to the window defrost vents? In normal operation should I expect all air flow to be out the top side?
  2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Sep 22, 2002
    I think you may have a vacuum leak. Check all of the vacuum lines on the heater box to see if any are cracked, broken, or fell off. Also, it seems common for the plastic connector, that holds the adjuster rod on the mode door, to break. Mine was broken and I had a similar problem. I checked five trucks before I found a good connector. Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif