Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air lift doodads

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fr8train, Aug 8, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Anyone have these mounted on their rigs? Would they work well with lifted susupensions? I figure they would take away from some sus. travel. I am thinking they could be set up to take away from the "saggy butt" syndrome. And still have a practical purpose. Thanks.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You could mount them and not loose travel. Have one end a solid mount to the frame and the have a bracket and mounting plates on the ppostie end. Then weld a mounting plate on the axle but do bolt them together..
    So the top of the bag would be secure to the frame and the botom mount would move with the bag during flex and then rest on the axle and use the lift of the bag during normal driving.

I dont know if this would work or not.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I thought about something like that. Then I relized that the mounting pad would have to be some what oversized or a guide pin/stabilizer system would have to be utilized. The side shifting movement or trailer sway coupled with whatever other situation is what I am worried about. D@#n good idea for a short time to respond!!!!!

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Oh, trailer sway is the object here. hmmmmmm........

What about a 4-link? That would not interferre(sp?) with articulation(if set-up right) and I imagine it woul help keep the ass end inplace and keep it from swaying?
    But then that wouldn't help with sagging though. :(

I guess I am a little quick on my feet.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com