Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air matress

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thinking of getting a self inflating queen size air matress. Any recomendations ??

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Me mah had one fo those aerobeds, absolutely worthless, sprung a leak in weeks. Uncomfortable too! She ended up buying a junk store mattress for $35 or so

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't recommend using one on your bed vs a regular matress. I was living in Del Rio, TX when I got hired by the SAFD and I stayed with my wifes parents until we could sell our land etc in Del Rio. Her guest room bed had a fancy overpriced air matress... that thing sucked. Then, it too started leaking. I'm guessing a self inflating one won't leak.. but I can only say.. for everyday use, they are not comfortable.

Now, if it's for camping or something, that's different. I have a not so expensive one we got at wal mart, to use in my truck tent, and it has worked fine. I wouldn't want to sleep on it everyday.. but for a camping trip here and there it's better than the rocks. :grin:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

We have an aerobed for company. Works great and hasn't leaked yet. I wouldn't use it every day, but it is fine for a night or two.

As for camping, I have both a wal-mart air mattress and a couple of therm-a-rest mattresses. I use the walmart when truck camping (more comfortable, but heavy, esp. with the pump that I take with it) and the therm-a-rest for hiking.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have used a Aerobed, not to comfortable, was brand new and it wouldent stay fully pumped up all night,

i also have a walmart bought Colmen one its pretty good, but i dont have a pump for it so i have to blow it up the hard way, makes me a little light headed:D

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just thinking about getting a air matress for (A.) Overnight guests. (B.) Camping. (Note; I have a power inverter so a self inflating air matress that uses regular house current is fine)

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

My little boy uses one for everyday sleepin and it seems to work pretty well. It does lose air but it seems to take a couple of weeks to get to soft. I just schlep it out to the garage and refill it and good to go. He's not quite 4 so that might have a lot to do with the slow deflation. My parents bought it so I don't know where they got it from. Do remember that it wasn't that expensive.

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

My wife and I have a twin-size Aerobed (the actual Aerobed, not a knock-off) for the occasional overnight guest. Works great, doesn't leak, takes literally one minute to deflate & pack up.

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I've got a twin and a queen size Aerobed Sport. They both ROCK!

The Sport model is a little heavier duty then the rest. They have a rechargable inflater that takes about a minute to pump it up and it actually pretty comfortable and firm. Your regular sheets will fit perfect. They hold air and are really durable. When you are done they roll up into a nice canvas bag.

The queen size will run you around $75. at Wal-mart. Well worth it.

I wouldn't buy anything else.

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

rents bought one last time they were in lubbock. One of the coleman 18" ones if I remember, came with a pump, said it was much more comfy than the cheap wally world one I had.