Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air pneumatics and their uses.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Nov 14, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i have a lot/ have access to just about any air ram i want. well i have a small one with about a 1/2" rod that i was thinkin about using for an air ram for my 4x shifting. i already have on board air so that wont b a problem. but these things have a shitload of power for just being air. just an idea. lets hear some more ideas and mayb i can make some and test em out

NITRO

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

do rear steer and use air to control it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif that would be pimpish

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

You can 4-link your suspension and use 5" diameter air rods with 30 inches of travel as your springs. Pressurize both sides of the ram to adjust height and stiffness. Add and electric switch to connect the right and lefts sides together and you can take advantage of "jacking" when ones side compresses, it forces the other one down. this is the route I'm taking.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've always thought that some type of setup that would allow you to raise and lower your bumpers would be cool for folks that live in states with bumper height requirements. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe just drop a small bar down for on-road use, then tuck it up out of the way when you hit the trails.

5. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Air Jacks. Like on the Baja Race trucks. Make changeing a flat a breeze.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

forced hydro's would be cool...i saw a few comp buggys that still ran normal leaf spring and used the hydro rams (air rams in your case) as the shock...and if they wanted to force a tire to the ground or you could even do it like low rider style and do 3 wheel motion.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

ive been thinking about using them as shocks. i like the idea of tying them together. playing with these could be fun. i think im gonna try to get the air shifter done this weekend. i guess we'll see how it turns out. i just brought home another one tonite and it has a prolly 1/4" rod. dont know what im gonna do with that one

NITRO