Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air pressure

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Jun 11, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Just put on the new 33x12.50 Super Swamper radials. What kind of air pressure should I run? On the streeet...

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I would run 35 - 40 psi.

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Please post a pic of your Blazer with those tires. What lift are you running? I'm trying to make up my mind on which tires to buy when these wear out. Maybe your picture will help me.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

For the street... Load everything into your Blazer that would normally be in it (couple passengers, tank o'gas, tools, whatever), find a nice flat stretch of warm pavement (concrete is best), and use a spraybottle to mist water on the tire tread near the ground. Just dampen it, don't soak it! Roll the truck forward or backward, observe the wet tread mark, and adjust air pressure to get the whole tread on the ground (NOT the side treads!). Drop 2 PSI lower if you drive highways, and that should get you to a GOOD ballpark figure. Have fun!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

5. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I run my swampers at 32 on the street and 10 to 15 on the trail.I have the bias ply ones.My buddy runs the radials and runs 35 on the street and airs down for the trails.Not low enough for me though.Brady