Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AIR pump location on 86 fullsize blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gravdigr, Apr 15, 2004.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a decent pic of how the AIR pump mounts on an 86 including the brackets. I have to pass a visual emissions check and I have the pump but the brackets were gone when I got the blazer and I have no idea what they look like.

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

*bump*

no one has a pic? crap /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

It goes on the passanger side of the engine, way down by the oil pan. I have the brackets for an '87 if you'd like them. I may have lost the bolts though.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It goes on the passanger side of the engine, way down by the oil pan. I have the brackets for an '87 if you'd like them. I may have lost the bolts though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have some way to get a pic and e-mail it to me. I snagged the bottom bracket from a burb in the salvage yard that I think will work but the top bracket is a mystery.

5. TruckNutzDude

I can't get pics, but the top bracket goes to the water pump I believe. I'd check but the pump isn't on the truck /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Yeah. I think I'm just gonna fab something up this weekend. I only need it for a few days to pass the visual emission check then I'm taking it off. I only need the sticker for the first year and after that I'll be exempt from the visual inspection since I won't put more than 5k miles on it in a year. Thanks for the reply though, if I needed the bracket longer than a few days and could wait for it I'd just buy yours. But I need to get this thing inspected tues at the latest.

7. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I can't get pics, but the top bracket goes to the water pump I believe. I'd check but the pump isn't on the truck /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And actually I think the top bracket bolts onto the alternator bracket...or at least mine will /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TruckNutzDude

Yeah, it's something like that. Theres an awful lot of brackets going to that thing, I think mine had at least 3 or 4 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif