Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Pump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Jun 25, 2001.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I need to put an air pump back on my GM 350 in order to pass PA emissions. When I had my new engine installed I also had Flowtech headers put on. They don't have any ports to plug the lines from the air pump into. If I put an air pump back on where do I run the lines?

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Yank out your headers and get the proper bungs welded on to them, or you could get a set of headers/manifolds that are already equipped.

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I hate to say this but you mite have to take the headers off and put the old manafolds back on. But first I would call the state and see if you can plum 2 lines down to the collecter that way you can keep the headers. Or sell those and get some Emission headers.
    Good Luck Cethern

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated

4. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

My cats have those vent tubes on them. I was thinking I could run the lines into those. Would that work??

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

pay off the fags at the smog station... no offense to anyone who is gay or works at a smog shop. emissions are for bastards... personal view, thanks...

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.