Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Ok last question of the night. Do any of you use air shocks to lift your vehicles 1-2"? The jimmy I just bought has about 2.5"-3" lift but still has the ever-so-popular ass-sag. I just thought that at the price of air shocks I could level out the rear with them.Thanks, Russell

2. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Russell, If you do any off roading, air shocks will heat up and increase pressure possibly to the point that they will blow out, or to the point that the heat takes out the seals. Try the ORD 1" add a leaf or something similar.

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

3. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Yeah I thought about the add a leaf. I just don't have the facilities any more to install them. I was just looking for an easy inch or two. BTW I've promised my wife I won't turn this one into another toy, yeah right!-Russell

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I put some expensive quality air shocks (don't remember the brand name) on a SS-396 Chevelle I once owned. I had them pumped up to raise the rear only 2". The air part was OK, but the shock action was worn out within a year (about 20,000 miles). I don't recommend them.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's