Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Show...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shaggy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Some of you might remember that I'm working at a Navy-owned golf course that's right next to an airfield from the post I made about the plane that crashed. Well, there's an airshow in a nearby town tomorrow and Saturday, and all of the planes are being staged out of that airport. The Thunderbirds have been practicing maneuvers all day over the building that I'm working in... It's very loud in here. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'll bring my digital camera tomorrow and see if I can get some decent pics of them during their practice.

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Awesome...I was at the Cubs game this past summer during the air show in Chicago and a bunch of planes kept going over Wrigley during the game. Them bitches is loud! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I hear it every night. I work right on the flight line and it's really fun when they are doing engine runs. Have to wear ear protection just to go outside /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

we just had an air show this summer and my house was with in "the box" so they were over the house doing manuevers....also i and another teacher had students win awards through the air force and the day before the event we got to poke around the f-15's...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifgreat time..

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Well I forgot my camera, so no pics. I promise that it's neat though. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I saw one of those belly flop on the runway in Idaho a few weeks ago. Pilot walked away.

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I forgot my camera, so no pics. I promise that it's neat though. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

nah, loud is being in the forecastle of the USS Belleau Wood when jets are taking off the deck. After the plane dips down just after take off, its engines are basically blasting right towards the all-steel openings that the chains run through... making them act like big horns. Of course, the room is pretty much all steel too, so hello echo/reverirations. lol!! no telling how much hearing damage I got from being in there all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Nellis AFB, here in Las Vegas, is having their air show on the 15th and 16th of November. It's supposed to be pretty big this year because they are celebrating the Air Force's 50th anniversary. Here is the website with the info on it: Nellis Air Show /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif