Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

air soft balancing help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by slowk5, Feb 10, 2006.

1. slowk5

slowk5 Registered Member

So today i put 5000 air soft bb's in my 36x12.50r15 tsls,hoping it would help with the rough ride. i took off all the clip on wights on the wheels,put 5000 bbs per tire.The frist test drive was a little scary,above 35mph the truck shook like hell! the tires are really out of balance now.So should i keep the bb's in and get them balanced with clip on wights too? Does everyone just run bb's?

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

No....Do not run both. What was the weight put in each tire?

3. slowk5

slowk5 Registered Member

not really sure,the bb's are .12 grams apiece times that by 5000?I suck at math.i dont think i put enough am afrad to drive above 40! the worst tire had 20 oz of clip on weight on it.:(

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The amount of pellets you put in should come to about 20 Ounzes of weight, which should be more than enough. How new are the tires? I remember this one guy posting on here that he had the same problem as you, and a lot of people posted trying to help him, but in the end he came out and admitted that the tires where old worn out tires he got for free. He wasted a lot of peoples time.

5. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ihate to hear your problem, i wonder if u can use too many, last week i mounted a set of lightly used (90% tread) 35-12.50-15 mtr's on my dd. i put 2000 airsoft bb's in each, they ride like a dream.

i know your swampers would prolly require more wieght than my mtr's cause swamper's are more aggressive & wiegh more + they are taller. does anyone know what happens when u put too many in a tire, i have been told they still balance, but i think they wouldn't :shrug:

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You have way to many in the tire. I only run 9.5oz in my 40's. Any more than 12oz in a 36" is too much. I would think around 8-10oz would do it.

7. Big Truck

Big Truck 1/2 ton status

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Here is the thread that has the math already done for you. I run a used set of 37X12.50 MTRs that are chunked pretty good. I used 2000 High Density pellets per tire and my are smooove at any speed above about 10 MPH. I have too much weight for my tire size I have 12-14 oz per tire but when I go to 42s I can just swap the pellets from old to new and not have to add anymore. The HD pellets weigh .20 Grams per pellet so you need about 1/3 less pellets than regular. I used 2000 cause that is what they were packaged as.

Ira