Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AIR System

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Scuba Steve, May 10, 2003.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

Anyone have a complete AIR system for an 86 with federal emissions. North Carolina says that I have to have it now and when I got the truck it didnt have it. I would need every thing i.e. pump with bracket all the check valves pipes and fittings. Currently I am in Afgahistain so I could send a check as payment, it would just take a while to get there. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

305 system ? if so then i have it all intact and in good working order on a daily driver 1983 305 engine

3. Scuba Steve

Cool beans. I dont have any of my books over here so I dont know if it will work for a 86. I know the 305 and 350 emissions on the 86 are the same. It should work, and if it does for how much would you be willing to part with it?

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

depends on if you can find me plugs for manifolds or not where the tubes go in to them, otherwise i wouldnt be able to do them

rest of parts easyt o remove, i cant ask much for it all, so you would get a deal on it all.

5. Scuba Steve

Well I could give you my old ones if I dont strip them out when I take them out or you could buy new ones. Classsic Industries sells them for 89 cents each part number EMP330. If you have there 02 catalog it is on page 574. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dont have catalog, but maybe if you hook me up with a set of eight of htem then we syubtract price of them from price of system ? or? i hear they are tapered threaded plugs, are they metric or std threads ?

thanks

7. Scuba Steve

OK I could do that. They told us today that we will be losing the internet in about 7 days but I can order the plugs on-line and have them delivered to your door. I dont know what the threads are but the catalog says it is for all years. I figure it will be about $10 with shipping so what do you want for the system? I will still be able to use the phone and I see that you have your number on your profile so I could give you a call even after they take the net away from us. As far as shipping you could send it my parents address and I can have the parents send you a check that way you dont have to wait on the check from me because it will take a while to get there. One question, is the pump on the passenger side under the alternator? It should be I think and if it is then everything should be the same. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif