Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air Tank Install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Feb 5, 2005.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Here's some pics of my air tank installation. The tank is an OTR Kenworth air brake system tank, electrocoated inside and out, then expoxy coated inside.
    Way better then those chepo ones you see around like on eBay. My favorite is the guy on eBay who constantly advertises air tanks for air-ride suspensions and says "This tank is rated to 150psi, but we've test it with much more pressure than that!"

I fit it up right behind the middle crossmember, probably not an option for you 77-up guys who have the rear fllor footwell. It fits nice and high out of the way of exhaust
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

looking good man, what is that for? on board air resivour?

3. 73k5blazer

Yep on board air, for tools, air up tires, and my air locker (soon to be lockers once the 14bff arb finally comes out).

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Sweet! Is that a junkyard score, or did you just buy it new?

5. 73k5blazer

I did get it off of eBay, the guy had listed the manufacturer and part number and I looked it up off thier website. $28 with shipping, a good deal. Here's a link to the auction and here's a link to the manufacturers web page.He had like 6 of them listed at the time, but I see he doesn't have any now. I was scouring the web and eBay for tanks for a couple of months, ebay was the worst because most of the tank sellers there are selling these super cheap ones. If found a couple of tanks other places on the web, but they wanted like $100 or more for them. This was a sweet deal, and it was perfect size and shape (alot of the tanks where either really fat & short or thin and super long, this was a perfect shape for our trucks, tucks nicely between the frame rails).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  6. nice work! air tanks are rad i got one on my truck too i took out my auxillary fuel tank and mounted the air tank in the same place i got a slick lil gauge, air line coupler and scrader valve to filler up- rated to 200 psi its where the filler cap used to be niice and convienant...