Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Air tool question???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Jun 26, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Feb 24, 2000
    I was looking at cut off wheels, the CH at Lowes was $40.00, 25,000 rpm,2/3 hp and 11.5 cfm @ 90, but they didn't have any wheels in stock, so that pissed me off and I went to homo depot and got theirs,same price same hp but 23,000 rpm and 4 cfm @ 90, so what do you guys think ,is it that big of a difference, should I have gotten the one with more CFM for only 2000 more rpms, mine seems to work fine and it came with a polycabonate shield instead of a metal shield so you can see through it and what your doing better, ofcourse I don't know how long that will last... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifSo any thoughts??? /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif
  2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Dec 15, 2002
    Your probably better off with the one you got. All that cfm for just 2000 rpms is not so good. The one you got will probably be easier to push with a home type air compressor. If you got a bigger air compressor then it doesn't really matter. Just my .02