Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

airborne 6.2

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by general blaze, Oct 12, 2005.

1. general blaze

general blaze 1/2 ton status

well yesterday while i was bajaing thru the desert i hit a phantom jump and my blazer took flight. After landing i noticed a little knocking from the rear. well i snapped the rear left shock right off the shock tower on the upper part of the frame. now the truck is back at the shop getting some welding work.hahahah anyway just thougth i would let you all know.. pics to come.

2. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

PHANTOM jump huh? ha ha ha is that what your telling yourself now? just kiddin i hate those sneaky ninja jumps they "jump" out in front of ya at the last second

balzer

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Are those sorta like those danged drunk trees and telephone poles?

4. general blaze

general blaze 1/2 ton status

ya i think they are all related.. also can jumping your truck mess up your battery. after fixing a fuel filter i tried starting the truck and one of my batteries damn near blew up..hahaha. just wondeirng.. pics to come

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Yes shock loads on a wet cell is not a good thing for a battery. One of my battery hold/downs broke once after a jump and the battery hit the hood burning two nice hold in it and melting the posts it was a J**p anyways. Got it fixed with some duct tape and bailing wire (NO JOKE and YES I am a REDNECK) made it 60 miles home on the whitey rig job.